2016 Nationals

Anything and everything about motorcycle hilllclimb!
dave 64
Baron of the Hill
Baron of the Hill

2016 Nationals

Post#1 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:58 am

Just want to wish everyone from district 23 and 16 good luck this weekend. Have a safe trip. Dave 64

Motoman
The Mack Daddy
The Mack Daddy

Re: 2016 Nationals

Post#2 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Was just at the hill, making final preperations...despite lots of rain in IL over the past few days, it was actually a bit dusty...

And then maybe 3 hours ago, the skies opened up for about 15 minutes or so...just long enough to get everything good and wet, which actually is probably pretty perfect for our purposes. Afterwards, I noticed this view of the hill:

20160728_193605[1].jpg
20160728_193605[1].jpg (620.14 KiB) Viewed 7446 times

Kinda hard to see, but this was actually a double rainbow - and granted that I took this photo with my phone and not an actual camera, but there's actually a faint 2nd rainbow that kinda points at the front edge of the top of the hill - like the bright one points at the back edge of the top of the hill. At any rate, the whole top of the hill was bookended by rainbows!

If that's not a good omen, I don't know what is. :lol:

racerm
Count of the Hill
Count of the Hill

Post#3 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:34 am

Who won?

Motoman
The Mack Daddy
The Mack Daddy

Post#4 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:45 am

We're all winners :lol:

Nathan Prebe cleaned up like nobody's business...including setting fast time, winning King of the Hill, and getting the AMA Hillclimber of the Year award.

Junior Jackson got the AMA Senior Hillclimber of the year award, and Lane Brookshaw got the AMA Youth Hillclimber of the Year award.

I'll get full results and such posted soon.

We wound up having a number of crashes, especially on Sunday - the sun baked the ground into adobe, and with the dust on it it became fairly easy to spin out, especially if you got a little crossed-up on the first double.

Jason Laven got the worst of it...he was taken to a local hospital, then went by helicopter to Carle in Urbana. He has a number of internal injuries, but the last I heard they expect he'll make a full recovery...although he's gonna be fairly miserable for some time. On behalf of everyone at Thunder Ridge and Pleasure Riders M/C we certainly hope Jason gets back on his feet soon.

Great big thanks to everyone who came out to our event this weekend! We got lots of positive feedback on the event and the facility, and the general consensus seemed to be that everyone had a good time.

Stay tuned for more stuff soon!

Motoman
The Mack Daddy
The Mack Daddy

Post#5 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:12 pm

I've got a little work to do to put together all the information for "complete" results - like, including the riders' city, state, and bike brand...but the basic results have been posted on the Pleasure Riders M/C website.

http://www.PleasureRiders.net

Aside from Jason Laven, we do wish a speedy recovery for Matt Peters who broke a wrist, Brian Marty who broke a leg, and Stacey Morris who took a hard hit...and upon inspection at the hospital, found that she had a pre-existing condition that needed to be attended to.

Best wishes to these riders who laid it all out in the heat of competition this weekend, and stay tuned for fuller results, article, and photos as I can get to them.

woodsrat
Duke of the Hill
Duke of the Hill

Post#6 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:35 am

With this event in the books I'd like to hear what everyone thought of the hill.

I won't post my own opinion--instead I'm seeking the thoughts of the hillclimbers who participated in this event or those who rode in the first non-national event a few weeks back (featured in the promo video).
Tim Weaver
http://www.woodsrat.com

Motoman
The Mack Daddy
The Mack Daddy

Post#7 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:26 pm

Yes, by all means give us some feedback - or even send me a PM if you would prefer - or the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page will send me an email. Let's hear what everyone thinks!

I finally got the full results put together, with a bit of an article - on the front page of www.KingOfTheHill.org for your reading pleasure.

dave 64
Baron of the Hill
Baron of the Hill

Post#8 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 pm

Thanks for the article on the nationals I still really miss climbing . Enjoyed reading about it a lot. congratulation to the Priebe's and the other winners. See you at Kato and New Ulm. Dave64

Return to “Hillclimb”