Awards for AMA Amateur National Championships - BIG TROPHIES

Anything and everything about motorcycle hilllclimb!

Poll: What kind of awards for Nationals?

Traditional trophies
42%
Etched acrylic plaques
58%
Other
No votes
Total votes: 19

Motoman
The Mack Daddy
The Mack Daddy

Awards for AMA Amateur National Championships - BIG TROPHIES

Post#1 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:01 am

Edited on 6/2/06

OK, well, we only got 16 total votes...not enough to make any decisions on, so we have decided just to do regular trophies as you have gotten in past Nationals. We had hoped the idea of the acrylic plaques would catch on, but there just wasn't enough feedback to make that departure...

So, you'll be competing for big, traditional trophies at Nationals this year - try not to break them on the way home ;)

Also, we are getting some sponsorship help from industry companies...they will be posted on King of the Hill and the Indianhead M/C website (www.IndianheadMC.org). We already have contingency awards from Acerbis and Scott to give to top finishers in each class...more to come!
Last edited by Motoman on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Motoman
The Mack Daddy
The Mack Daddy

Post#2 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:03 am

Oh, and you do need to be a member of the forums to vote. Registering is quick and easy...please do!

You may also feel free to send me an email on the topic - Motoman@KingOfTheHill.org

jhedges
Serf of the Hill
Serf of the Hill

Post#3 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:17 pm

I like the number plate.

racerm
Count of the Hill
Count of the Hill

Post#4 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:14 am

Year ago we used to give out plagues for season championships at out hill in PA. They varied from year to year but most of them were either a wooden or formica plaque cut in the shape of a keystone (Keystone Sportsmen, Keystone state) and then they either had a motorcycle trophy heat, a clock or a plate mounted on them. Alot of the guys said they were some of the favorite awards they got and there was one guy that won a a few of these as well as a ton of races in New England that when we stop and visit when we were in the area they were the only ones you ever saw out. Unfortunatly for me I was never able to win of the things myself. All I ever got were the huge trophies my wife won't even let me bring from my parents cause she says there too big.

Motoman
The Mack Daddy
The Mack Daddy

Post#5 » Wed May 10, 2006 3:25 pm

...I did get one vote by email from Texas...add 1 to the votes for traditional trophies.

We really need input from more people though...there's only about 12 people who have boethered to vote (or send me an email). We don't want to make a decision that affects hundreds of people based on feedback from a dozen...

hondaman0417
Serf of the Hill
Serf of the Hill

Post#6 » Thu May 25, 2006 11:07 pm

At my regular hillclimb in PA we only receive plaques as an award at the end of the year. I always look forward to going to nationals for a chance to win one of the big trophies, which luckily i have done and I am very proud to display them. But for those people who haven't won one yet it would be a bit of a disappointment to finally win at nationals at receive a plaque, not that that would be bad but its just not the same.

HRIDER
Serf of the Hill
Serf of the Hill

Post#7 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:58 pm

Trophies would be best. How bout a championship belt for first place, if price is comparable to first place trophy. Get them engraved the way you want.Here is a link to check price. http://store.titleboxing.com/title-clas ... belts.html Just a crazy idea to throw out. :P

DonPinsonnault
Serf of the Hill
Serf of the Hill

Post#8 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:08 am

HOW MANY PLACE'S ARE YOU GOING BACK,?I HEARED RUMOR'S ONLY 5 PLACES.I'LL BE WATCHING FOR REPLY,THANK'S...DONNIE PIN
DON PINSONNAULT, NEW ENGLAND HILLCLIMBING,.NEHA,,XS 650 YAMAHA,,BULTACO 200 PURSANG, ,RD400 YAMAHA,,250 PURSANG,,TY250 YAMAHA,,AND 15 OTHER BIKE'S

Motoman
The Mack Daddy
The Mack Daddy

Post#9 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:52 am

All classes that have more than 10 riders in them will get 10 trophies. If we get less than 10 riders, the plan is to pay 5 trophies...and if less than 5 riders, to pay 3 trophies. Trophy costs are incredibly high - to the point of possibly causing the event to lose money if you don't get a huge rider turnout. It also doesn't seem right to get a "National Number 7" trophy when you actually got last place in your class...maybe only made it 10 feet up the hill.

Anyway, PLEASE get your entries in quickly. If all the classes fill up to more than 10 riders right away then there will be 10 trophies for all classes. As of right now we only have about 150 entries in...

Remember too that riding order is in the opposite order that we recieve your entry - the first rider to sign up rides last, and the last rider to sign up rides first.

Entry fees increase if postmarked after the 19th of July...and, you probably won't be listed in the event program because we'll have to get that to the printers well in advance of the event too.

SO DON'T DELAY! Please feel free to contact me with any questions - Motoman@KingOfTheHill.org or (651) 303-3957.

Return to “Hillclimb”